Invited contribution to Encyclopedia:
K. V. Rajulapati and C. C. Koch, “Nanocrystalline Materials: Mechanical Properties”, Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering, Elsevier, 2016, ISBN 9780128035818,
V. L. Manugula, K. V. Rajulapati, G. M. Reddy, K. B. S. Rao, “Adaption of a Green Technology (Friction Stir Welding) to Join Fusion Energy Materials”, Energy Engineering (Springer). (2017) 173-177.
S. Varam, K. B. S. Rao, K. V. Rajulapati, “On the Strain Rate Sensitive Characteristics of Nanocrystalline Aluminium Alloys”, Mechanical and Creep Behavior of Advanced Materials (Springer). 1 (2017) 133-148.
Peer-reviewed Journal Publications:
53) Gollapudi, S., Cai, W., Patibanda, S. Rajulapati, K.V., Lakshman, N., Correlating corrosion inhibition to grain size in electrodeposited Ni-18Co. emergent mater. (2020).
52) N. Rai, B.K. Samantaray, K.V. Rajulapati, Rahul Ravi, Srinivasa Rao Bakshi, N.T.B.N. Koundinya, R.S. Kottada, S. Gollapudi, "Theoretical and experimental studies on thermal stability of nanocrystalline Mg-Mo alloy", Materialia. 14 (2020) 100933.
51) Ganji R. S., Rajulapati K. V., & Rao K. B. S. Development of a Multi-phase AlCuTaVW High-Entropy Alloy Using Powder Metallurgy Route and its Mechanical Properties. Trans. IIM. 73 (2020) 613-618.
50) S. Patibanda, K. V. Rajulapati et al., On the hardness and strain rate sensitivity of electrodeposited nanocrystalline Ni-18%Co alloy studied by nanoindentation, Trans. IIM.73 (2020) 475-464.
49) P. Yella, J. Varghese, P.P. Kiran, R.K.Buddu, K.B.S.Rao, K.V.Rajulapati, “ Mechanical properties of laser shock peened regions of SS316LN and SS304 studied by nanoindentation”, INAE Letters. 4 (2019) 215-225.
48) P. Yella, K. V. Rajulapati, G.V.P.Reddy, R. Sandhya, P.P.Kiran, R. K. Buddu, K. B. S. Rao, “Effect of laser shock peening on high cycle fatigue characteristics of 316LN stainless steel”, International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 176 (2019) 103972.
47) Wael Algenaid, Ashish Ganvir, Rosa Filomena Calinas, Johny Varghese, Koteswararao V Rajulapati, Shrikant Joshi, ” Influence of microstructure on the erosion behaviour of suspension plasma sprayed thermal barrier coatings” Surface and Coatings Technology, 375 (2019) 86-99.
46) S Sivakumar, Brahma Raju Golla, Koteswararao V Rajulapati, "Influence of ZrB2 hard ceramic reinforcement on mechanical and wear properties of aluminium" Ceramics International, 45 (2019) 7055-7070.
45) J Jadav, KV Rajulapati, K Bhanu Sankara Rao, N Eswara Prasad, R Mythili, Kartik Prasad, ” Strain controlled isothermal low cycle fatigue life, deformation and fracture characteristics of Superni 263 superalloy" Materials Science and Engineering: A, 760 (2019) 296-315.
44) A Abhijit, J Varghese, P Chalavadi, P Sai Karthik, K Bhanu Sankara Rao, KV Rajulapati, "Negative Strain Rate Sensitivity in Two-Phase Nanocrystalline CoCrFeMnNi High-Entropy Alloy with Broader Grain Size Distribution Studied by Nanoindentation” Trans.IIM. 72 (2019) 2861-2867.
43) P. Yella, P. Venkasteswarlu, R. K. Buddu, D. V. Vidyasagar, KBS Rao, P.P.Kiran, K. V. Rajulapati, “Laser shock peening studies on SS316LN plate with various sacrificial layers”, Applied Surface Science, 435 (2018) 217-280.
42) P Yella, P Venkateswarlu, RK Buddu, N Ravi, K Bhanu Sankara Rao, P Prem Kiran, K. V. Rajulapati, Role of sacrificial layers on surface characteristics of laser shock peened SS304 plates, Optics and Laser Technology, 107 (2018) 142-149.
41) VL Manugula, K. V. Rajulapati, GM Reddy, E Rajendra Kumar, KBS Rao, “Friction stir welding of thick section reduced activation ferritic–martensitic steel”, Science and Technology of Welding and Joining. 23 (2018) 666-676.
40) J Jadav, K.V. Rajulapati, N Eswaraprasad, KBS Rao, “Effect of Temperature on Tensile flow behaviour of Nimonic C-263 alloy”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 5 (2018) 5475-5480.
39) M Nagini, R Vijay, K. V. Rajulapati, AV Reddy, G Sundararajan, “Microstructure–mechanical property correlation in oxide dispersion strengthened 18Cr ferritic steel”, Materials Science and Engg A 708 (2017) 451-459.
38) R Rahul, K. V. Rajulapati, GM Reddy, T Mohandas, KBS Rao, “Studies on Effect of Parent Metal Condition on the Room Temperature Mechanical Properties of Ti6Al4V Friction Welds”, Trans. IIM. 70 (2017) 2277-2291.
37) R. S. Ganji, P. S. Karthik, K. B. S. Rao, K. V. Rajulapati, Strengthening mechanisms in equiatomic ultrafine grained AlCoCrCuFeNi high-entropy alloy studied by micro- and nanoindentation methods”, Acta Materialia. 125 (2017) 58.
36) V. L. Manugula, K. V. Rajulapati, G. M. Reddy, R. Mythili, K.B.S. Rao, “Influence of tool rotational speed and post-weld heat treatments on friction stir welded Reduced Activation Ferritic-Martensitic steel”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 48 (2017) 3702-3720.
35) V. L. Manugula, K. V. Rajulapati, G. M. Reddy, K.B.S. Rao, “ Role of evolving microstructure on the mechanical properties of electron beam welded Ferritic-Martensitic steel in the as-welded and post weld heat-treated states”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 698 (2017) 36-45.
34) S. Varam, M. D. Prasad, K. B. S. Rao, K. V. Rajulapati, “Mechanical properties of in-situ consolidated nanocrystalline multi-phase Al-Pb-W alloy studied by nanoindentation”, Philosophical Magazine 96 (2016) 3671.
33) A. Dwivedi, C. C. Koch, K. V. Rajulapati, “On the formation of single phase fcc solid solution in nanocrystalline Cr-Nb-Ti-V-Zn high-entropy alloy”, Materials Letters, 183 (2016) 44.
32) M. Nagini, R. Vijay, K. V. Rajulapati, K. B. S. Rao, M. Ramakrishna, A. V. Reddy, G. Sundararajan, “Effect of process parameters on microstructure and hardness of oxide dispersion strengthened 18Cr ferritic steel”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 47 (2016) 4197.
31) C. L. P. Pavithra, B. V. Sarada, K. V. Rajulapati, T. N. Rao, G. Sundararajan, “Process optimization for pulse reverse electrodeposition of graphene reinforced copper nanocomposites”, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 31 (2016) 1439.
30) V. L. Manugula, K. V. Rajulapati, G. M. Reddy, R. Mythili, K. B. S. Rao, “A Critical Assessment of the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Friction Stir Welded Reduced Activation Ferritic-Martensitic Steel”, Materials & Design, 92 (2016) 200-212.
29) M. Nagini, A. Jyothirmayi, R. Vijay, T. N. Rao, A. V. Reddy, K. V. Rajulapati, G. Sundararajan, “Influence of dispersoids on corrosion behaviour of oxide dispersion strengthened 18Cr steels made by high energy milling”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 25 (2016) 577.
28) Ch. L. P. Pavithra, K. V. Rajulapati et al., “Controllable Crystallographic Texture in Copper Foils Exhibiting Enhanced Mechanical and Electrical Properties by Pulse Reverse Electrodeposition”, Crystal Growth and Design, 15 (2015) 4448.
27) B. Jana, K. V. Rajulapati, N. E. Prasad, R. K. Jain, K. B. S. Rao, “ Effect of carbon fabric type on properties of 2D carbon-carbon composites processed by liquid pitch impregnation-pyrolysis”, Journal of Composite Materials, 25 (2015) 0021998315617817.
26) S. Varam, PVSL Narayana, M. D. Prasad, D. Chakravaraty, K. V. Rajulapati, K. B. S. Rao, “Strain rate sensitivity of bulk multi-phase nanocrystalline Al-W based alloy”, Philosophical Magazine Letters, 94 (2014) 582.
25) S. Varam, K. V. Rajulapati, K. B. S. Rao, R. O. Scattergood, K. L. Murty, C. C. Koch, “Loading rate-dependent mechanical properties of bulk two-phase nanocrystalline Al-Pb alloys studied by nanoindentation”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 45 (2014) 5249.
24) S.P. Pemmasani, K. Valleti, R. C. Gundakaram, K. V. Rajulapati, R. Mantripragada, S. Koppoju, S. V. Joshi, “Effect of microstructure and phase constitution on mechanical properties of Ti1-xAlxN coatings”, Applied Surface Science, 313(2014) 936.
23) K. P. Yagati, Ravi N. Bathe, K. V. Rajulapati, K. B. S. Rao, G. Padmanabham,“Fluxless Arc Weld-Brazing of Aluminium alloy to Steel”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology,214 (2014) 2949.
22) Ch. L. P. Pavithra, B. V. Sarada, K. V. Rajulapati, T. N. Rao, G. Sundararajan, “A new electrochemical approach for synthesis of Cu-Gr foils with high hardness” Scientific Reports, 4 (2014) 4049.
21) S. Varam, K. V. Rajulapati, K. BhanuSankara Rao, “Strain rate sensitivity studies on bulk nanocrystalline aluminium by nanoindentation”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 585 (2014) 795.
20) P. Yella, V. Pinnoju, K. V. Rajulapati, P. Prem Kiran, R. K. Buddu, P. M. Raole, K. B. S. Rao, “Structural Details of Laser treated SS304 and SS316L(N) plates”,Procedia Engineering, 86 (2014) 27.
19) V.Pinnoju, P. Yella, R.K. Buddu, K. B. S. Rao, P. M. Raole, K.V. Rajulapati, P. Prem Kiran, “Structural Modification of Stainless Steel Surface Using Pulsed Lasers”, Technology Letters, 10 (2014) 5.
18) S. P. Pemmasani, K. V. Rajulapati, M. Ramakrishna, K. Valleti, R. C. Gundakaram, S. V. Joshi, “Characterization of Multilayer Nitride Coatings by Electron Microscopy and Modulus Mapping”, Materials Characterization, 81 (2013) 7.
17) K. Prasad, S. Abhaya, G. Amarendra, V. Kumar, K. V. Rajulapati, K. BhanuSankara Rao, “Fatigue crack growth behavior of a near alpha Ti alloy Timetal 834 at 450 oC and 600 oC”, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 102 (2013) 194.
16) P. S. V. Pramod, K. Valleti, M. Ramakrishna, K. V. Rajulapati, R. C. Gundakaram, S. V. Joshi. “Structure-Property correlations in cathodic arc deposited TiAlN coatings”, Materials Science Forum, 702-703 (2012) 967.
15) S. Gollapudi, K. V. Rajulapati, I. Charit, K. M. Youssef, C. C. Koch, R. O. Scattergood, K. L. Murty, “Understanding creep behavior in nanocrystalline materials”, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, 63 (2010) 373.
14) S. Gollapudi, K. V. Rajulapati, I. Charit, C. C. Koch, R. O. Scattergood, K. L. Murty, “Creep in nanocrystalline materials : Role of stress assisted grain growth”, Materials Science and Engineering, A527 (2010) 5773.
13) K.V. Rajulapati, M. M. Biener, J. Biener and A, M. Hodge, “Transition in plastic flow behavior of tantalum (100) studied by high temperature nanoindentation”, Philosophical Magazine Letters, 90 (2010) 35.
12) K.V. Rajulapati, R.O.Scattergood, K.L.Murty, Z. Horita, T. G. Langdon, C. C. Koch “Mechanical properties of bulk nanocrystalline aluminum-tungsten alloys” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 39 (2008) 2528.
11) K. V. Rajulapati, R. O. Scattergood, K. L. Murty, G. Duscher, C. C. Koch, “Effect of Pb on the mechanical properties of nanocrystalline Al” ScriptaMaterialia, 55 (2006) 155.
10) B. S. Murty, R. V. Koteswara Rao and N. K. Mukhopadhyay, “Stability of nanoquasicrystalline phase in Al-Cu-Fe, Al-Cu-Co and Al-Pd-Mn alloys during high energy ball milling”, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 334-335 (2004) 48.
09) C. C. Koch, R. O. Scattergood, K.L. Murty, R. K. Guduru, G. Trichy and K .V. Rajulapati, “Testing techniques for mechanical characterization of nanostructured materials” Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, 791 (2003) 51.
08) Sneha Goel, Tejas Gundgire, Johny Varghese, Koteswararao V. Rajulapati, Uta Klement, Shrikant Joshi, “Role of HIPing and heat treatment on properties of Alloy 718 fabricated by electron beam melting”, Proceedings of Euro-PM-2019, Masstricht, The Netherlands, 13-16 October 2019.
07) J. Varghese, K. V. Rajulapati, S.D. Meshram, G. M. Reddy, K. Bhanu Sankara Rao, “Strain rate sensitivity and mechanical properties of friction stir welded IN-RAFM steels of thicker sections”, Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on the Mechanical Behavior of Materials, 11-14 June 2019, Melbourne, Australia.
06) P. Yella, V. Pinnoju, K. V. Rajulapati, P. Prem Kiran, R. K. Buddu, P. M. Raole, K. BhanuSankara Rao, “Structural Details of Laser treated SS304 and SS316L(N) plates”, International conference on structural integrity, February 4-7, 2014, Kalpakkam, India.
05) SreedeviVaram, PVSL Narayana, K. Sreelatha, K. V. Rajulapati, D. Chakravarty, K. BhanuSankara Rao, “Loading rate dependence of bulk Nanocrystalline multi-phase materials”, ICE-2013, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad.
04) K.LingaMurty, R.K.Guduru, K.V. Rajulapati, K. M. Youssef, R. O. Scattergood and C. C. Koch, “ Mechanical behavior of nanostructured metals processed through severe plastic deformation” Proceedings of RAMP-2006, Coimbatore, India.
03) C. C. Koch, K. V. Rajulapati, R. K. Guduru, R. O. Scattergood and K. L. Murty, “Effect of grain size on the mechanical properties of Multi-Phase alloys”, Proceedings of ICAMEM 2006, Hammamet, Tunisia, December 2006.
02) Carl C. Koch, Khaled M. Youssef, Ronald O. Scattergood, K. LingaMurty, Koteswararao V. Rajulapati,“Mechanical properties of nanostructured metals as a function of grain size, grain size distribution and second phase nanoscale particles” Proceedings of Plasticity 2005,Kauai(Hawaai),Jan.3-8, 2005.
01) R.V.Koteswara Rao, N.K.Mukhopadhyay and B.S.Murty, “Stability of quasicrystalline phase in Al based alloys during high energy ball milling and on subsequent thermal treatments”, Proceedings of 56th Annual Technical Meeting of the Indian Institute of Metals (IIM), Vadodara, INDIA, November, 2002.